Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, February 23, 2007

Thursday - Slowily increasing the pace/distance

14.5k 1:08:21. HR Avg 156 Max 164 Avg Pace 4:43
Course: Work to Riverside and Back.
Start Time: 5:10 pm Temp 25C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Run

After last night's rest, I was feeling good starting out tonight. Tonight's aim was to average HR 155. This is the top end of my easy runs and I haven't done this distance at that intensity so far in this campaign. Even though it was bit more humid than it has been of late, I managed a good run. Very pleased at the pace for the level of effort. I felt I was comfortably aerobic all the way, and I think that some of the higher heart rate coming back was down to heating build up rather than going too far over the lactate threshold. Still the aim is to be able to run that return leg at the same pace and same HR as the out leg. Tonight out in 33:28 (HR 150) and back in 34:42 (HR 162).

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Feb 23, 11:08:00 am AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Another good run there. Is this about marathon pace or slower?

    Hope you get something out of the pilates. I reckon the strength and body awareness aspects of it are great for runners.

     
  • At Fri Feb 23, 10:22:00 pm AEST, Blogger Stephen Lacey said…

    Wow, your HRmax must be pretty high for your age...are we talking about 189/190?

    These are fantastic runs in my book for getting aerobic fitness.

     
  • At Sat Feb 24, 05:28:00 pm AEST, Blogger Mat said…

    Well done on this run. That's a long way for such a pace :-).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home