Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tuesday - Almost didn't

9.5k 43:27. HR Avg 149 Max 160 Avg Pace 4:34
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 5:35 pm Temp 23C.
Session Type: Lactate Threshold Run

Again today, I was feeling weary. Mid-afternoon I was even considering having a rest day today just to allow my body to recover. But in the end, I decided to go out and start easy and just see how I felt.

After the first couple of hundred meters, I was feeling fine and so decided I was up for my Lactate Threshold run as scheduled for today. In fact I felt good all the way tonight and managed a good time for the level of effort. Out in 21:58 (HR 144) and back in 21:29 (HR 154). Hope this cooler weather hangs around for a bit longer. The overnight rain has been very welcome. We had another 53mm last night at our place backing up the 38 mm from Saturday night.

4 Comments:

  • At Wed Feb 14, 09:37:00 am AEST, Blogger Mat said…

    Jeez, you do well for a weary chap!

    What's it like when your feeling really good?

     
  • At Wed Feb 14, 09:51:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    "The rain is working very hard
    It’s got to water every little seed
    It’s beautifully ordinary
    Making life seem very good indeed"

     
  • At Wed Feb 14, 02:23:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Those 'almost didn't' days are tough. Great that you got out the door and ended up with quite a good run.

     
  • At Wed Feb 14, 03:57:00 pm AEST, Blogger Peterhorse said…

    great to hear you got under some rain. some days are a pleasant suprise like that - those are the ones you feel a buzz about for hours after, huh.
    (coincidentally we did almost the same session yesterday incl the almost didn't, LT goal, the distance and time, comfort factor etc).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home