Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wednesday - They got a message from the action man

25.0k 2:23:11. HR Avg 144 Max 162 Avg Pace 5:38
Course: Home to Bowen Bridge.
Start Time: 5:40 am Temp 17 - 23C.
Session Type: Long Run

I was going to do my long run last night but the last hour of the Test cricket was on the big screen at work and I just couldn't drag myself away. It was absorbing stuff and one of the great Test victories of all time. The Ashes must surely be ours now.

So it was up at 5:00 this morning and I hit the road to Bowen Bridge some forty minutes later. It was refreshingly cool at this time which made for pleasent running. Made the 12.5K to the turn around in 71:09 (HR 139) which include a couple of minutes for a toilet break. The body is not quite used to this early morning start.

On the return journey I was passed twice by two policeman on mountain bikes. The path I take has been one where there has been multiple attacks on women over the last year. Hopefully ther presence does some good.

By the time I finished, the coolness had disappeared and it was warming up. Came back in 72:01 (HR 148). I was pleased with my first long run since 26th August. I did the same course that day in a very similiar time. It is all up from here.

I had a mid-morning appointment at the doctors and had moles cut from my back and chest as well as various sun spots zapped. The doctor seemed to be OK with me starting running again on Saturday. So I only may miss one or two sessions at most if all goes well.

5 Comments:

  • At Wed Dec 06, 06:48:00 pm AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm happy - hope you're happy too...

     
  • At Wed Dec 06, 07:45:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Ashes to ashes, funk to funky...

    What an afternoon! I don't think the Poms can recover from that.

     
  • At Wed Dec 06, 07:47:00 pm AEST, Blogger Samurai Running said…

    I didn't watch it but the last I heard the Aussies were at best going to get a draw. How they pulled off a win must have made good viewing!

    Enjoy the summer there and all the best for your training.

     
  • At Wed Dec 06, 08:01:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    It was compelling viewing even for a non cricket fan!

    Great work on the long run. Guess its the first in a series of many leading up to Canberra. You picked a good morning to do it, nice & cool for this time of year.

    Hope the doc didn't find anything too dodgey.

     
  • At Tue Dec 12, 03:42:00 pm AEST, Blogger R2B said…

    So whats the lastest running goals RS?

    Are you going to prepare for GCM again or will it be Canberra?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home