Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, November 27, 2006

Sunday - Summer arrives

15.3k 1:24:29. HR Avg 149 Max 164 Avg Pace 5:31
Course: Ashgrove Cycle Path.
Start Time: 7:15 am Temp 24 - 27C.
Session Type: Easy Run

I just wanted an easy run this morning. So I thought it would be no problem if I just got up at normal time. So it was 7:15 am when I headed off. Even at that point, I knew it was going to be hot today. I haven't really felt the heat so far since winter but today I did. I was trying to keep it very easy and my pace was slow but my HR just kept slowily going up the longer I went on. Very pleased to finish.

I guess this means getting up real early (for me) on Sundays from now on for long runs.

Managed 52.7 Ks in four runs for the week. I had planned for 50K but over 5 runs. But as I was taking the bus into the city each day, I actually racked up 4 hours of walking for the week just walking to and from bus stops. So I will take this as my extra session. I actually think the walking has helped me to loosen up quite a bit and I am considering continuing something similiar when I revert back to my normal work routine. Lydiard recommended that even doing 15 minutes of jogging in the morning as being of value but I have never followed it. I might give it a go.

1 Comments:

  • At Tue Nov 28, 03:02:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    We leave at 7am but it still gets hot for long runs.

    There probably is some benefit if you can make it part of your routine - all the stuffing about with extra showering, clothes etc could be a pain.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home