Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, November 27, 2006

Monday - Fitter Healthier More Productive

15.5k 1:30:39. HR Avg 139 Max 154 Avg Pace 5:50
Course: City to Home vi Bowen Bridge.
Start Time: 5:00 pm Temp 26C.
Session Type: Easy Run

This is the second week of my work training course in the city. The clouds rolled in today and if Sunday's run was hot, tonight's run from the city to home was humid.

I was determined to keep under HR 140 on this run and managed to do this dispite the conditions.
I will be walking a bit of a tightrope the next week. I know I am going to have to have at least four or five days off from next Wednesday, so the natural desire is to get in as many Ks as I can before then. But I don't want to do so many that I get injured and have to have an even longer lay off. Will just have to listen to my body and hope my mind doesn't overrule it.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home