Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sunday - Shove it brother just keep walking

15.3k 1:20:17. HR Avg 155 Max 170 Avg Pace 5:14
Course: Ashgrove Cycle Path.
Start Time: 7:25 pm Temp 24C.
Session Type: Easy Run

After telling myself that I should get up earlier for my Sunday run after last weekend's scorcher, today I again set off relatively late. I knew it was going to be somewhat cooler so didn't think it would be a problem. And it wasn't. Managed to run the same course 4min 12 sec faster today. I also felt very comfortable with my form. My stride seemed smooth and I felt a lot of power in my legs.

After another week of walking 40 minutes a day on top of my running, I am even more convinced that it has been doing me a lot of good. The other thing that has been different over the last two weeks is that I have done no gym weight sessions and I almost no stretching. Now I know, you are supposed to do your stretching but it is odd that after two weeks of not doing them I feel the most comfortable running that I have felt for six months. Mmmmm.

It is back to normal work routine from tomorrow.

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Dec 04, 05:58:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    I like your stretching theory. I've been doing more of it bu miles this year than ever and to be honest seem to get more niggles and tight muscles than ever. I'll stick with it though, and might even add in some walking.

    Nice work on the run.

     
  • At Tue Dec 05, 07:42:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    I wonder what your HR is on the walks? If it's helping, keep shoving ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home