Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Saturday - Afternoon Run

11.0k 55:15. HR Avg 151 Max 163 Avg Pace 5:01
Course: Cap Cycle Path.
Start Time: 3:45 pm Temp 26C.
Session Type: Easy Run

We were going up the Coast tonight to stay with friends. So I had to go out mid-afternoon for my run. I was suprised it wasn't as hot and uncomfortable as I thought it would be. A little quickier than my last few runs.

Now my next run won't be till Monday. Still haven't decide whether to go for early morning or late at night for the next two weeks.

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Nov 20, 06:11:00 pm AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    You need to account for the season when looking at your HR. You see it is warmer and therefore more people are out and about .... some of these can account for an increase in heart rate!

     
  • At Mon Nov 20, 10:41:00 pm AEST, Blogger Samurai Running said…

    Hey Robert

    Seems to be getting warm there. I reckon the afternoons would be nice this time of year, but by mid summer you would be better to start in the mornings to aviod the heat (trapped in the building materials and slowly released throughout the night). Do you live in the center or more out toward the bush?

     
  • At Tue Nov 21, 08:28:00 pm AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good run GR.

    At this time of year, afternoon runs are really uncomfortable here, so I guess more so in Brissie.

    Sounds like full steam ahead...

    I would always run early morning not evening in summer, just because the mornings are so fresh!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home