Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wednesday - City to Gap

15.1k 1:24:51. HR Avg 147 Max 159 Avg Pace 5:20
Course: City to Home via Bowen Bridge.
Start Time: 4:45 pm Temp 24C.
Session Type: Easy Run

Instead of getting the bus home from my course in the city, I decided to run home. I made my way from Adelaide St out to Bowen Bridge and then on the familiar cycle path to home at The Gap. My time from Bowen Bridge was 70:23 (HR 147) which compares fairly well with times I was doing in August when I had no car. Especially considering I stopped in at Valley's crickey ground to say hello to Kewell who was at training for his Under 9 team.

My right knee felt the best it has done for ages on the run tonight. In fact, I started to feel a bit of soreness in my left knee. A change is as good as a holiday ( or a birthday).

5 Comments:

  • At Fri Nov 24, 01:38:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Good news about the knee, well the right one anyway.

    Have you switched to Beta? Your recent posts haven't been showing up in my bloglines as new feeds. Its happening with some others too. Anyway, I'll zap you and then add you back in and hopefully all will be cool.


    PS 21 weeks until Canberra - YIKES!!!!

     
  • At Fri Nov 24, 06:31:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Is Tesso really counting down to Canberra 2007!! All knees will feel good by then!

     
  • At Sat Nov 25, 03:53:00 pm AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    good news on the knee

     
  • At Sat Nov 25, 09:36:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    That's good news about the knee Graham. For some reason your new posts are not showing up on Bloglines. Any ideas? Have you changed any settings or is it just 'bloody blogger'?

    Something strange is going on!

     
  • At Mon Nov 27, 07:51:00 am AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glad to hear that robert song sneeze are doing well.

    what kind of pack do you use to take your stuff home?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home