Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday - run to catch up with the sun

22.0k 2:04:15. HR Avg 138 Max 155 Avg Pace 5:30
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 7:35 am Temp 22C.
Session Type: Long Run

It has been quite a while since I did a Sunday Long Run. This morning was a timely reminder that winter is long gone and that one should get out early to do this before the sun gets too hot.

Yesterday was our wedding anniverary ( we have been together 29 years). So last night My Wife and I went out for dinner and came home and watched the movie "Casanova" with Heath Ledger (he was in the movie not at our place). So I had had a few wines and didn't get to bed till after 11:30, so I just got up when I felt like it rather than setting an alarm. This meant I didn't start running till 7:35 am.

It was two laps of my 11k circuit on the Gap Cycle path. First lap 59:13 and the second 62:05. There is lots of shade on this course but it was certainly getting warm by the time I finished. It was an easy as you go pace for this run. Saving myself for the quicker sessions next week. These are perfect runs for listening to music and this morning was highlighted by Ali Farka Toure's "Savante" and Radiohead's "OK Computer". I see where the Easy Side All Stars have bought out a reggae cover of OK Computer called Radiodread
along the lines "Dub Side of the Moon" their cover of Pink Flyod's Dark Side of the Moon from a few years back. That record was an absolute hoot, so I would be keen to hear their take on this one.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home