Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Gym Bike Session - Ain't cha got no rhymes for me

30:00. HR Avg 116 Max 151
Start Time: 5:30 pm.
Session Type: Gym Bike Intervals

A solid session on the bike. 5 min warm up, then five sets of 2 minutes hard and two minutes recovery. Followed by 5 minutes warm down and stretching and weights in the gym. Last week in my last interval, I got up to HR 160. Today I could only push it up to 151. That's a good sign.

3 Comments:

  • At Tue Oct 10, 10:36:00 pm AEST, Blogger Samurai Running said…

    Hello Robert

    I'm are new runner and newer blogger. I've been reading your blog with great interest and found it an inspiration. The below quote by you in your Gold Coast race report is a ripper. In my experience it is spot on.

    "It was certainly insightful to be part of the Brotherhood of The Struggling in the later stages of the race. It is something that I have not seen before and it will certainly be something that I will do my upmost to avoid in the future but it is a great comfort to know that if that is where you end up in a race that you will not be alone out there."

    Now my goal is to also see things from closer to the front like you have.

    I'll continue to read.

    Thanks

    Scott Brown

     
  • At Wed Oct 11, 07:30:00 am AEST, Blogger blues buffett said…

    Good to know you're still feelin' groovy...

     
  • At Thu Oct 12, 07:08:00 am AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    but are you lookin' for fun? i'd just avoid kickin down the cobble stones. if you stub your toe, you'll be limping big time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home