Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, October 02, 2006

Monday - You won't find me on the treadmill

Friday 29th September
9.5k 46:42. HR Avg 148 Max 157 Avg Pace 4:54
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 5:40 pm Temp 19C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run Run

Friday I upped the pace a little and was able to go under 5m /Ks without too much effort.

Sunday 1st October
6.6k 34:28. HR Avg 142 Max 153 Avg Pace 5:13
Course: Gap Cycle Path.
Start Time: 7:10 am Temp 15C.
Session Type: Easy Run Run

I was a little stiff after Friday, so it was just an easy run on Sunday morning.
Unfortunately the Qld Roar get a flogging from Melbourne Victory but the Broncos save the day with a great Grand Final win.

Monday 2nd October
9.5k 45:13. HR Avg 152 Max 167 Avg Pace 4:45
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 5:30 pm Temp 21C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run Run

Today after an easy start, I upped the pace but still kept it below my aerobic threshold. Was out in 22:52 (HR 146) and came back into a headwind in 22:21 (HR 160) for an avg pace of 4:45.

Clairie has asked twice about my race goals so I'd better give an answer. Although my preparation has been interupted somewhat, I am still focusing on the 10k race at the BRRC on Nov 12 and I am hoping to get under 42 minutes. That is just under six weeks away. I will make some decisions after that on races for next year. This will include reading my blog entry from Kurrawa last year, just in case someone tries to encourage me to enter again this year!

My car is now fixed to my satisfaction but the roudabout will start again later this week when the family car goes into be fixed. (Someone backed into it at the shops.)It is a relatively small dink but anything seems to take upto a week. By putting it in on Wednesday, it will at least allow me to have a rest over the week end, and break up the runs home from work.




The rain last week has certainly freshened up the garden and just in time for my annual happy hippy display (Hippeastrums). These are the pink ones flowering now. I also have some red ones flowering as well.

3 Comments:

  • At Tue Oct 03, 08:35:00 am AEST, Blogger Clairie said…

    Kurrawa yippee! Let me know if you need a team mate - plenty of people are looking for one!

    BTW is that a second ding or still the first one? I think you need to change the family car to a more lucky model :)

     
  • At Wed Oct 04, 06:35:00 am AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    do you have an after photo for the back yard since the rains?
    i like your hippiedippies.
    why do they let you near cars?

     
  • At Wed Oct 04, 06:42:00 am AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    There must be a better way to get an excuse to run than putting your car into the shop all the time.

    I agree with Clairie and fully support running Kurrrawa.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home