Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, October 09, 2006

Monday - I remember when I was young

9.0k 44:21. HR Avg 155 Max 167 Avg Pace 4:55
Course: Work to Stafford.
Start Time: 4:45 pm Temp 20C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run

This afternoon, I ran from work over to Stafford where the family car was being repaired. My Wife had my car and I would meet her there and drive it home. I ran to Lutwyche and crossed down on to the Kedron Brook cycle path at Richmond St.

Although I have never run along this path, this was very familiar territory because this is the area where I grew up. Of course back in those days there was no path. It was a very pretty creek with natural bush around it. I passed the bridge where we used to be able to catch penny turtles. Ran by the housing estate that used to be Corbett Park, home to Brothers Rugby League. I remember watching Wayne Bennett playing full back for the club there. Past the Crusher's league club that used to be Hickey's dairy until it burnt down. It is right opposite my old home where my Dad still lives. Ah, the many adventures we used to have exploring along that creek as kids. Now it is a rather boring flood mitigation scheme and bike path.

Managed a couple of sub 4:40 Ks along the path and the knee was not giving too many problems.

And at last we have two cars, so I might be able to get back into a normal training regime at last.

2 Comments:

  • At Wed Oct 11, 08:02:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Gee, you have a good memory. At least Wayne looks like he's in reasonable shape - unlike the majority of ex-league players.

    Now, when I was young, we used to live in a cardboard box...

     
  • At Thu Oct 12, 11:25:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    I remember when I was young and I used to think in the chorus of that song they were singing about presents (as in birthday and Christmas).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home