Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Friday 14.6k @ HR 153 5:14 pace

14.6k 1:16:02. HR Avg 153 Max 168 Avg Pace 5:14
Course: Work to Home.
Start Time: 5:10 pm Temp 20C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run

No car today so it was a run home from work. It was quickier today then any of the runs home I did last month which is good. The only down side is my right knee is starting to get a bit sore while running. It is actually the platella tendon that appears to be the problem area. Over the last year it has often been sore when I cool down after running but has never really been a problem while running. Have been using the ice pack on it and will have to monitor closely.

2 Comments:

  • At Sat Oct 07, 09:55:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Look out for that one Robert. I've been lucky with knees over the years. Not even on the Glucosomine which everyone raves about. Now, if you want some stories about calves...

     
  • At Tue Oct 10, 08:09:00 am AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    I know the problem well Robert Song. Maybe I had better take it more seriously after the Toowoomba Marathon.
    It is good to hear that you are recording some good times again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home