Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Tuesday - Curse Sir Walter Raleigh

14.6k 1:25:58. HR Avg 133 Max 148 Avg Pace 5:53
Course: Work to Home.
Start Time: 5:00 pm Temp 17C.
Session Type: Easy Run

All day I wasn't looking forward to the run home tonight. I am just feeling so tired. So I was determined to take it real easy tonight which I did. The last 5k of the run has lots of hills and I was really looking forward to getting home and stopping. As I approached the Dance School about 1.5k from home, My Wife was waiting in the car to pick up the girls. She asked me whether I wanted a lift home. I said "No I'm OK". About 50 meters on as I was going up a particularly nasty sharp rise, and I couldn't believe I hadn't stopped and taken up her offer!

So the Bowen Bridge Section was 73:26 (HR 134 Pace 5:46). This is the slowest I have been so far. Two weeks ago I did this in 69:39 at around the same HR. At least, I felt better when I finished tonight then last night.

6 Comments:

  • At Tue Sept 12, 10:30:00 pm AEST, Blogger TA and the Gnome said…

    Not wanting to be a harbinger of doom, but if you're getting really tired, then it's time to stop or your body's going to do the stopping for you. (On the other hand, after you taper off this particular period, you're going to be a whole lot faster than you were! It's an awesome batch of training that car's got you doing)

    Gnome

     
  • At Tue Sept 12, 11:04:00 pm AEST, Blogger blues buffett said…

    Yes he was such a stupid "get" wasn't he... hope you haven't taken up smoking...

    One of my top 10 albums - stark cover, great songs. Not many good double albums around - that's one.
    Will the music trivia continue?

     
  • At Wed Sept 13, 06:46:00 am AEST, Blogger TD said…

    Yes, perhaps there are some warning signs there with the fatigue but good on you too for doing the run when you weren't in the mood. That's good mental training if nothing else.

     
  • At Wed Sept 13, 05:16:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    I think all this running home is catching up with you Robert.

    In the old days, I'd be running half way home and then hitching a ride.

     
  • At Wed Sept 13, 06:03:00 pm AEST, Blogger blues buffett said…

    The answer is Five to One by The Doors who did indeed take their name from Aldous Huxley's book title The Doors Of Perception, who in turn borrowed the line from William Blake's poem!
    Well done GR, I'll need to ramp up the difficulty level next time.
    To be fair, it'll still be '70s...

     
  • At Thu Sept 14, 07:46:00 pm AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you big goof! i have no pity for you.
    opportunity... just haaaaaanging out a casa song boy knock knock knocking away.

    where's my whip? i feel the need to crack it. whootcha!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home