Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I got no car and it's breaking my heart - Beep Beep Mm Beep Beep Yeah

At lunchtime today, it was the second in the series of Beep Tests being run by the Work Gym. Only four of us today, and I was the only one who had done the previous one. I managed to score 12.1 today up from 11.2 last time. I reached a Max HR of 181 and did an avg of HR 157, compared to Max 184 and Avg 161 last time. So an improvement in effort at a lower HR, must be getting fitter. Considering all the distance I have been doing which is leaving me tired, I am very happy with the result. Next time, I hope to have a rest the day before hand and go for Level 13.

By mid-afternoon, I was feeling like a sleep and by the time it came to leave work for the run home I wasn't looking forward to tonight's run at all.

14.6k 1:19:44. HR Avg 134 Max 154 Avg Pace 5:27
Course: Work to Home.
Start Time: 5:30 pm Temp 19C.
Session Type: Sub 72%MxHR Easy Run

I started off slow with the intention of keeping it to sub 135 HR. This was not hard to do as I had tightened up a bit during the afternoon. But as the run progressed, it became much easier and I stuck with the easy pace and ambled along to Radiohead and Ali Farka Toure. I must say though I was relieved to get home in the end.

BB. It's good to see you picking up on the song references.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home