Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Father's Day - I Remember When I Was Young

6.5k 30:22. HR Avg 154 Max 165 Avg Pace 4:40
Course: Along Gap Cycle.
Start Time: 7:25 am Temp 16C.
Session Type: Tempo Run

I set off for my run as everyone was getting up this morning. After all the easy runs over the last couple of weeks, I felt it was an ideal time to step out a little. So did the 6.5 K out and back on the bike path. Out in 15:13 (HR 149) and back in 15:09 (HR 159) for an average pace of 4:40. With lots of little rolling hills, I am happy with that pace.

When I got back, I got pancakes and Father's Day gifts including the new Bob Dylan album "Modern Times".

Then My Wife and I went into the Museum of Brisbane in the City Hall which had an exhibition Taking it to the Streets: Two Decades that changed Brisbane 1965 -1985 which we had been planning to go and see for ages but never quite made it. It finishes next weekend, so this was our last opportunity. Certainly glad we made the effort as it was very interesting and nostalgic. The biggest buzz was seeing myself in one of the pictures in the display. It was at a famous demonstration in October 1976 in King George Square and over 400 people were arrested that day. Ahh the good old days.

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Sept 04, 09:02:00 pm AEST, Blogger blues buffett said…

    "Well I remember when I was young"
    the World had just begun and I was Happy"

    Was it a Matt Taylor kind of day??

    Hope you enjoyed the memories... let's see the photo...

     
  • At Tue Sept 05, 09:06:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    I was channel surfing on the radio on Sunday arvo and got onto one of those commercial FM stations. At the end of the song that was on the DJ said that was from the number two album of the week. Then he said the countdown would wrap up and announced "Modern Times" as number one. But he refused to play Dylan and instead put on some other thing (like the typical crap they play).

     
  • At Tue Sept 05, 09:16:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Dylan was young when I was young.

    You didn't tell me you had a criminal record!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home