Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday 14.4K @ HR 137 Pace 5:23

14.4k 1:17:32. HR Avg 137 Max 148 Avg Pace 5:23
Course: Work to Riverside and Back.
Start Time: 4:55 pm Temp 20C.
Session Type: Sub 72%MxHR Easy Run

Just another easy run again tonight, and another minute gain over last night. Am now starting to get closer to my pre_GCM fitness level at this HR prior. If I keep this up for another week or so, I might even consider doing some hard training.

Out in 37:43 (HR 139) and back in 39:49(HR 136).

I listened to another couple of "new" albums tonight. (Tesso that will be two more I don't have to count. I'll start a stocktake tonight.) First off was "Sketches of Spain" by Miles Davis. This is a very mellow and atmospheric album. I have no problem with this type of music on easy, slow paced runs but at faster paces it may be just a tad to mellow. Some very subtle and moody work by Miles though, backed by inventive orchestration. And just for something completely different, it was followed by a Studio One Funk compilation of reggae versions from 1970-72 of r'n'b songs from the 60s including a nice version of "Shaft". Can you dig it?

2 Comments:

  • At Fri Aug 25, 09:15:00 am AEST, Blogger Clairie said…

    Sounds like a nice decent pace to do a mid week long run at.

    Just think in a few months that pace will feel hard in the summer heat!

     
  • At Fri Aug 25, 01:16:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    I like the sound of those reggae versions.

    'Shaft' is so cool, its one of my favourite running songs. I used to think "Who is the man that would risk his neck for his brother man?" was "Who is the man that would risk his neck
    with rubber bands" :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home