Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday 15k @ HR 145 Pace 5:20

15.5k 1:22:46. HR Avg 145 Max 159 Avg Pace 5:20
Course: Along Ashgrove Cycle Path.
Start Time: 6:20 am Temp 11C.
Session Type: Easy Run

I was booked in for a massage this afternoon, so got up early for my run today. It was the same course as Wednesday but with the earlier start it was a little bit cooler than then. Just about perfect. I wore my long sleeved running top which my sister gave me as present a couple of years ago. I wore it once last winter and with winter almost gone this year (did it ever come?), I thought this maybe my only opportunity this year.

The tightness has been coming back into my left leg and butt, so I took it easy and didn't push it at all. That massage has come at just the right time.

I saw a different masseur today and it was interesting on the different approach. Today I had a bit more work done on my back and on one particular area on the lower left side of my back was quite painful on pressure. Again I rate it overall as a very pleasant way to spend an hour. Lets hope it is doing some good!

All the best to everyone running at Noosa on the weekend.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home