Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wednesday 15.2K @ HR 151 Pace 5:14

15.2k 1:19:34. HR Avg 151 Max 166 Avg Pace 5:14
Course: Along Ashgrove Cycle Path.
Start Time: 8:45 am Temp 15C.
Session Type: Easy Run

Got back from Terrigal last night and with it being Ekka Day Holiday in Brisbane today had a bit of a sleep in this morning. Didn't get out for the run till 8:45 but it was still a nice temperature for running, although it did warm up a fair bit over the next hour. This course is 7.6 ks out and back along the Ashgrove cycle path where I do my long runs. It is the hilly section of those runs, so even when running slowily it tends to get the Heart Rate up and makes it a good work out. Pity there is no lighting so it could be run in the evening after work.

3 Comments:

  • At Wed Aug 16, 05:47:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    It was a beatiful day for a run Robert Song. I was out today as well and enjoyed it.

     
  • At Thu Aug 17, 01:47:00 am AEST, Blogger blues buffett said…

    Hope you enjoyed Terrigal. The Post Office restaurant around the corner from Le Hotel (there's only one) is pretty good. Last time I was there I headed back out (north) along the path, turned right at the big intersection, and followed a pretty reasonable road hugging the coastline for about 4k for an 8k run... funnily enough, I didn't see a Shoebox In Middle Of Road (cardboard box - aye - you were looky)...

     
  • At Fri Aug 18, 09:57:00 am AEST, Blogger CJ said…

    15 degrees at 8.45am - gosh, I'm jealous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home