Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, August 14, 2006

Monday 10.9k @ HR 143 Pace 5:33

10.9k 60:18. HR Avg 143 Max 163 Avg Pace 5:33
Course: Around Terrigal.
Start Time: 5:00 pm Temp 15C.
Session Type: Easy Run

After my long run on Sunday, I had an early afternoon flight down to Sydney and then a drive up to Terrigal for a Progress Software Conference. This would be the first opportunity to test out my new Skins for recovery after a long run and with all the added travel would be a good test. Well I am very happy with the results. On Monday, my legs felt much better than I would have expected them to be. So much so that I went out for a run on Monday afternoon, rather than on Tuesday morning as I was planning.

I went to the gym at the hotel and said I was planning on going for a run and did the know of any good courses. They directed my to a rugby field just a couple of hundred metres away and said a lot of people ran around there. I said I wanted to go a bit further than that but they couldn't really recommend anywhere in particular.
So I just headed north. The path by the beach didn't last long and found myself just on a footpath beside a busy road. Not the most pleasant. After a couple of Ks I turned off onto some quite suburban streets which at least were quiet. I eventually came to a dead end and turned round and headed back. On getting back to Terrigal Beach I headed south and ran up a big hill called The Skillion. Nice views from the top. It was a little too steep and corrugated so I walked down from the top and then continued running back to the hotel.

2 Comments:

  • At Wed Aug 16, 03:58:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Its always fun to run in new places. Pity you didn't have your camera with you, sounds like a nice spot.

    I noticed one other sort of serious runner (Dickson Marwa) in the Sunday Mail collage though I doubt if he's anywhere nearly as serious as Clairie and I.

     
  • At Thu Aug 17, 10:23:00 pm AEST, Blogger TA and the Gnome said…

    I did exactly the same thing when I was in Terrigal earlier this year. Run north, run out of beach track, get bored with road, head for back streets, hit dead end, and end up running up the skillion. Don't think that the skillion run is a low heart-rate one though! :-)

    Gnome

     

Post a Comment

<< Home