Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday 14.4K @ HR 144 Pace 5:07

14.4k 1:13:44. HR Avg 144 Max 153 Avg Pace 5:07
Course: Work to Riverside and Back.
Start Time: 5:35 pm Temp 17C.
Session Type: Easy Run

What an eventful day!

I woke up this morning and my left leg felt much less tight than it has been. Still, I had a massage appointment at 8:00 am and I duely rocked up for my first massage ever. He was suitable impressed by my lack of flexibility but I have been always been like that. I was suprised it was so pleasent. Maybe he was going easy on me, but my legs have continued to feel much more relaxed today.

I have been having problems with my music player. On Tuesday night I couldn't get it to play and had to endure the 75 minutes with no sound. I just don't know how I ran for 30 years without music? I re-installed the firmware last night and it seemed to be going OK but when I loaded some more songs on to it at work today, it kept turning off after a few seconds. I wasn't going to put up with this any longer so went out at lunchtime and purchased a new player. A bit of an impulse buy and should have done more reearch but ended up with a Sony Net Walkman. It is small and has a long battery life (built in rechargable) and 1Gb of space. Downside is that you can't just drag and drop straight to the drive but have to go through the Sony software. That's a bit of a drag but it seems easy enough to use.

So once again wired for sound I ventured out. The run tonight was very encouraging. Two minutes faster than Tuesday night at the same avg HR and my legs feeling much freer. I have another massage booked for next Friday so hope it has the same effect.

The other good news for today was the announcement that the Socceroos will be playing Paraguay in Brisbane in October. And it will be the full strength squad as well. Should be a great night.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home