Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sunday 9.8k @ HR 145 Pace 4:55

9.8k 48:19. HR Avg 145 Max 157 Avg Pace 4:55
Course: Gap Cycle.
Start Time: 5:20 pm Temp 16C.
Session Type: Sub 75%MxHR Easy Run

Out on the Gap Bike Path tonight. Earlier this week a woman was attacked on this path. This was the fourth such attack on bike paths in North Brisbane in recent months. At one point I was running towards three young girls walking together towards me. I have found it is very common for people to make momentary eye contact or avoid eye contact altogether when running but those three girls all had their eyes glued to me and I sensed a certain edginess in the body language. "It's a heartbreaking world if you want it be".

The run tonight again was meant to be easy but it was still a little faster than I wanted to go. Earlier today, I was in town and dropped into Rebel Sport and picked up a pair of Skins tights. So I am wearing them as I type this in and they feel great. I wonder if I should ice my knee while I have them on?

5 Comments:

  • At Sun July 23, 09:11:00 pm AEST, Blogger owen said…

    How good are skins!!! Did you get longs? Careful they're addictive, I wear mine under work uniform/ to uni/ riding/ running...

     
  • At Sun July 23, 09:56:00 pm AEST, Blogger Clairie said…

    Skins are fantastic. I swear by them.

    Oh by the way - we missed you at BRRC this morning!

     
  • At Mon July 24, 08:38:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Yay Skins!!! Though I don't know about icing while wearing them, I've contemplated it myself more than once.

    Its really frightening that creep is still out there. I just hope none of our running friends, or anyone else for that matter, are taking risks and running in the area alone.

     
  • At Mon July 24, 09:47:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    I am glad that you are mending so well Robert song.

    It so sad that one sick viscious individaul can cause so much fear.

     
  • At Tue July 25, 03:41:00 pm AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    You can't ice and wear skins .... i think ... not so sure now .... ICE .... Ice Compression and Evelation ... guess you can. I was thing that one improved circulation the other did the opposite. Not helping, am I?

    I must admit I am concerned about the creep as well. I was thinking about it on my long Saturday morning run when I saw a solo female runner going the other way. I considered that I should offer to run with her for that same reason. I'm also not comfortable with some of Katy's runs so I pick her up whenever I can.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home