Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Wednesday 6k @ HR 138 5:05

6.0k 30:33. HR Avg 138 Max 156 Avg Pace 5:05
Course: Work to Powerhouse and Back.
Start Time: 4:45 pm Temp 18C.
Session Type: Easy Run

Received my Heart Rate Monitor back from Polar today. Must say I am very pleased with the turn around time and service. Tonight was the first time I have run from work for exactly a month and I headed off to the Powerhouse with John. It was in to the wind all the way there. I then returned on my own. Out in 15:56 (131) and back in 14:37 (145). My hammie gave me no trouble. After I got back to work, I did some weights and stretching in the Gym.

What is starting to worry me now is my right knee. I have had the occasional niggle in that knee over the last year. It has never worried me on a run but sometimes can be a little sore the next morning after a run. Just last week when I was doing virtually nothing, it flared up and was very sore to touch. It may have been from the bike which I did a few sessions on last week. But it sore now a few hours after my run. I will have to keep a watch on this, as this is the same knee and the same problem that forced me out of running over 10 years ago.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home