Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, June 09, 2006

Friday 9.5k @ Hr 138 Pace 4:55

9.5k 46:48. HR Avg 138 Max 146 Avg Pace 4:55
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 5:05 pm Temp 20C.
Session Type: Sub 72%MxHR Easy Run

Just an easy run tonight after last night's speed session. First run in a new pair of ASIC GT2110 which will be my shoes for the marathon. They felt great. Nothing like that first run in new shoes. It actually looked like it might rain when I started but none came. (Doh, I could have taken my music after all.) It did make it a lot more humid than it has been lately though and I worked up a healthy sweat even for such an easy run.

Tesso asked about when I would be doing my HR Test session next. I am almost certain now I will do it the Sunday before the marathon. I did the last test the week before Canberra. So I should be able to make some interesting comparisons, hopefully encouraging ones. I would have dearly liked to have run the BRRC 10k champs on that day but it is just a bit close to the race to be putting in a big effort. So I am thinking of doing the River Run on Sunday week instead. That give me a fortnight to recover. This Sunday morning it is the BRRC 20 mile event and that will my last long run before GCM.

6 Comments:

  • At Fri June 09, 09:42:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Have fun at the 20 miler, doing that distance at BRRC is good for the mental toughness. Gonna take your music player along?

    You're right about the 10k champs the week before GC. Not good timing at all is it. Can't wait to see the result of your HR test that day.

     
  • At Sat June 10, 03:12:00 pm AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    Really like Tuesdays run which shows you can hit GC with lots of confidence. I find last long run weekend, so good to finish. Enjoy the taper.

     
  • At Sat June 10, 03:13:00 pm AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    by the way ... I predict 1 - O against Japan .. just in case you might watch it

     
  • At Sat June 10, 03:19:00 pm AEST, Blogger R2B said…

    Awesome Half Marathon the other day!Wow!
    You kicked ass!You'll be tapping 3:10 on the shoulder for sure at GC!
    Awesome and good luck (you won't need it)
    Cheers R2B

     
  • At Sat June 10, 05:12:00 pm AEST, Blogger TD said…

    I love running in new shoes too (and love the new shoe smell as well!). Have a good run on Sunday and I will be following your progress up to the GCM.

     
  • At Sat June 10, 05:55:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    2110 for me too, RS! Wish you all the very best for the GCM... will be willing you on for a PB!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home