Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sunday 32k @ HR 145 4:50

32.0k 2:34:25. HR Avg 145 Max 159 Avg Pace 4:50
Course: To Bowen Bridge and BAck then Gap Cycle.
Start Time: 5:30 am Temp 11C.
Session Type: Long Run

The same course as the last four weeks for my long run this morning. Managed another improvement, this time 5 minute better than last week. This was pleasing because it was done at the same heart rate as the previous week which indicates real improvement rather than just exerting myself more which accounted for most of last weeks improvement.

Again it was perfect weather conditions for running.

Weekly Ks: 72.6K
MTD: 303K
YTD: 1376K

4 Comments:

  • At Sun May 28, 05:49:00 pm AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    Ah yes, you are getting quicker and closer to that 3:16.

     
  • At Sun May 28, 08:16:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Good to have a measurable improvement Robert.

    By the way, I'm enjoying using my HRM.

     
  • At Sun May 28, 09:06:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Great to see the improvement there Robert Song ... getting faster every week.

    I did have an African track to play on my run up the mountain at Warwick. But because I ended up walking and chatting with Tara I turned off my iPod before it came on. It was Tukuleur's 'Afrika' (a cover of the Toto song from the Putumayo "Cover The World" CD). Just for you I will ensure I have some on my mix for the QLD Half next weekend :-)

    That's lots of dancing your girls do. Pity you can't get them in to running, it would be way cheaper!

     
  • At Mon May 29, 08:17:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    Robert Song you are doing so well. Your training has been so consistent and so consistenetly improving.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home