Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday 13k @ HR 143 4:55

13.0k 1:00:42. HR Avg 143 Max 164 Avg Pace 4:55
Course: Waterworks Road.
Start Time: 6:25 pm Temp 15C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run

With Dory and Delta's continuing Dance commitments, I had to be home again to taxi Ducky so didn't get started till relatively late. I haven't run along Waterworks Road at night for ages and was surprised how noisy it is running along such a major road with all the traffic. Even got yelled at from a car full of young guys. That brought back memories of Friday night runs from my teens in the times before RBTs and when getting yelled at from cars was a common occurrence.

A nice steady run tonight over a hilly course.

2 Comments:

  • At Sat May 27, 04:46:00 pm AEST, Blogger Hannah said…

    It's funny how much the temp can vary in accord with your sorrounds - when I run out at ennoggera, the bikepaths are always freezing compared to the main roads - must be to do with being lower or something...

    I'm hoping the city is warmer tomorrow morning for my 3 hours!

     
  • At Sat May 27, 10:04:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    What sort of dancing do Dory and Delta do? Not dancing in the aisles like their dad I bet :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home