Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, May 19, 2006

Friday 9.5k @ HR 151 4:36

9.5k 43:45. HR Avg 151 Max 161 Avg Pace 4:39
Course: Work to Sydnet St and Back.
Start Time: 5:25 pm Temp 21C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run

Just a so-so run tonight. I had a rest day yesterday because I was feeling tired. I hadn't slept well and I had been up at 4:45 am to watch the Champions League Final between Barcelona and Arsenal so by the end of the day I didn't feel like a run.

As well Ducky and Dory have had colds and people at work also have them, and I feel I am fighting one off as well.

So set off not to go to hard tonight, but by half way my HR was 160 which was too high for the pace I was doing so decided to take it easy on the way back. So was out in 21:20 (Avg HR 149) and back in 22:54 (Avg HR 153).

I wore my relatively new ASIC Kayano X11 on tonight's run. I wore these in Canberra and used them in training for a week after that but stopped wearing them as my legs always seemed to be excessively tired after wearing them. I then went back to the ASIC 2110 and my legs felt much better. Tonight the Kayano's while being lighter definitely felt like they had much less cushioning. I won't be using them for anything but recovery runs in the future. And I have only done 236 K in them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home