Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday 9.5K @ 4:16

9.5k 40:24. HR Avg ? Max ? Avg Pace 4:15
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 5:05 pm Temp 22C.
Session Type: Tempo Run

Tonight was my 9.5k tempo run where I try to push above my lactate threshold. It was windy going out and so had to push hard to maintain my pace, so was feeling a bit more out of breath than I should have been at the turn around. But I knew coming back would be easier with the wind behind me. Out in 20:27 and back in 19:59.

My Heart Rate monitor didn't pick up any signal at all, so have none of that data. Oddly I turned it off and back on straight after the finish and it started monitoring right away.

40:24 is is a minute quickier than last Thursday and I feel my legs are starting to adapt to the quickier running. I don't think I can expect improvement like that each week, though it would be nice.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home