Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Wednesday 18k @ HR 141 Pace 5:11

18.2k 1:34:21. HR Avg 141 Max 152 Avg Pace 5:11
Course: Work to Goodwill Bridge and Back.
Start Time: 4:45 pm Temp 21C.
Session Type: Sub 75%MxHR Easy Run

Through out the day today, my body and legs felt the best they have had for a couple of weeks. Now that's a good sign. Have decided to include a mid-week run at an easy pace of around 90 minutes into the schedule. So the intention was to extend the run into Riverside up into The Gardens and turnaround at 45 minutes.

Got to Riverside in 35:08 and kept going. Got to the 45 minute mark on the northern side of the Goodwill Bridge and so decided to go over to the other side and turn around there. So out in 46:29 (HR 142) and came back in 47:52 (HR 139).

It was good to extend my normal course but I was a little dismayed by the amount of walkers, runners and cyclists on the track past Riverside and on the Goodwill Bridge. Some of those cyclists were also going way too fast. This showed in my pacing. The sections up to and back from Riverside I averaged 5:04 pace , but the middle section I could only manage 5:24. ( I guess going over the bridge slows you down a little also.) Makes me appreciate how peaceful the lower reaches of the river are compared to city centre at this time of the evening.

2 Comments:

  • At Thu May 11, 09:32:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    How dare all those walkers, cyclists and other runners get in your way. Don't they know you are training for the Gold Coast.

     
  • At Thu May 11, 09:25:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    Nice mid-week short-long run Robert Song. Don't upset those cyclists too much or you might in up IN the lower reaches of the river.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home