Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sunday 32k @ HR 138 Pace 5:18

32.0k 2:49:49. HR Avg 138 Max 154 Avg Pace 5:18
Course: To Bowen Bridge and then Gap Cycle.
Start Time: 5:35 am Temp 11 - 17C.
Session Type: Long Run

Up at five and after a cup of coffe it was out into the early morning dawn for my first long run since Canberra. It was quite chilly to start with and my hands especially my right was like an iceblock for the first 45 minutes. But it was perfect running conditions. Lots of fog over the playing fields at Ashgrove.

Last week, my legs, bum and back have all been sore and tight after my training runs. I was feeling so tight yesterday, I had a long soak in a hot bath which seemed to help loosen things up. I was a little worried how the run would go today, so just took it easy all the way and was pleased how it turned out. I'll just have to wait and see how I feel tomorrow.

Week Ks: 65.8K - Slowily building up again but with only 8 weeks to go till GC there isn't much time left.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home