Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Friday Fun in the Rain

14.8k 1:16:25. HR Avg 138 Max 155 Avg Pace 5:09
Course: Work to Riverside and Back.
Start Time: 4:15pm Temp 21C.
Session Type: Sub 72%MxHR Easy Run

Started out tonight with John in light rain. John turned back at the 5k mark and the rain became much steadier. By the turnaround I was completely soaked but it was definitely cool. Out in 38:01 (HR 137) and sloshed back in 38:24(HR 140).

There a usually lots of people out running at this time but not today. Funny how a little rain seems enough to stop people. I actually find it fun and a refreshing change.

1 Comments:

  • At Sun Dec 04, 01:53:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Brissos are definitely soft when it comes to running in the rain. I only spotted a couple of runners out there Friday arvo ... er, not that I was one of them.

    Have to tell you your 'Nothing But The Blues' got me through a gym session yesterday I really didn't want to do. So many times I felt like giving up but ended up doing extra stetching at the end cos the music was so cool :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home