Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Gym and Recovery Run

6.0k 31:59. HR Avg 130 Max 155 Avg Pace 5:19
Course: Work to Powerhouse.
Start Time: 6:00pm Temp 22C.
Session Type: Recovery Run

Started with a few weights and stretches in the gym and then out for a gentle run to the Powerhouse and back. Thought I might have to turn it in to a speed session as the heavy black clouds and lightning started rolling in but it passed harmlessly to the south.

I still haven't got my music player back. The retailers are chasing it up with the manufacturer but I wouldn't be completely suprised if that is last I see of it. I find without it though I do a lot more thinking and visualising on my current goal (2006 GC Marathon) whilst running. So it may not be such a bad thing. I will have to see how it goes when I get it back, but I am convinced now I wouldn't use it a race.
Meanwhile for those of you who are interested I have catalogued my Best of Lists from 2001 - 2004 here.
http://robertsongs.blogspot.com/2005/11/past-masters-2001-to-2004.html

I am now in the process of getting the shortlist together for the 2005 CDs. This is a favourite task for me in December each year.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home