Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, November 18, 2005

Friday Long Run

15k 2:42:30. HR Avg 142 Max 155 Avg Pace 5:23
Course: Twice Work to Riverside Centre and Back.
Start Time: 4:15 pm Temp 23C.
Session Type: Conditioning Long Run

My Long run for the week tonight. Two laps of the course into Riverside Centre and back. First lap in 80:21 (HR 137). Stopped and had a good drink break and then back for the second lap in 80:39 (Hr 146). The second lap was actually a bit faster than that as I stopped to take a PB Gel at one point and it took me about a minute and a half to get the stupid thing open. This is the second time I have used that brand and it took me about the same time then as well. The Gu I used last week took only seconds to open and consume.

The legs felt strong in the second lap, so they are getting accustomed to runs of this length. Now just have to keep working away so that I can maintain the same pace all the way without the Heart Rate drifting up.

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Nov 19, 10:51:00 am AEST, Blogger Hannah said…

    I can't open the PB gels either with sweaty hands - have to resort to teeth! I like the GUs better - easier to rip the top off though they're a bit more gluggy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home