Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, November 21, 2005

Monday Easy Run

14.8k 1:16:42. HR Avg 136 Max 149 Avg Pace 5:10
Course: Work to Riverside and Back.
Start Time: 5:40 pm Temp 22C.
Session Type: Sub 72%MxHR Easy Run

Went on course all day in the city. Quite a struggle to stay awake late in the afternoon after having to just sit and listen all day. Got back to work and didn't feel like going out for a run but if I didn't go tonight it would have to be early tomorrow morning which was even less appealing.

So just another easy run. It was a bit overcast and therefore quite humid. Managed to stick closely to my Target HR of 135 most of the way. Passed my sister who was jogging with a large group of Hash Ladies on the way back.

I was very suprised with my time when I got back. It was over 3 minutes faster than what I have been doing for this course at that Target Heart Rate of 135. Quite a break through actually. Another 12 minutes of this in the next 6 months and I will be close to where I want to be.

1 Comments:

  • At Mon Nov 21, 10:44:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Well done on the break through. Funny how sometimes when you really don't feel like running something good like that happens.

    So is your music player still out of action? I don't think I'm the only one missing reading about what you are listening to.

    By the way thanks for the detailed email re training. It certainly is food for thought.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home