Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, November 25, 2005

Friday Early Morning

13.6k 1:04:55 HR Avg 146 Max 160 Avg Pace 4:46
Course: Twice Gap Cycle.
Start Time: 5:40am Temp 19C.
Session Type: Sub 82%MxHR Easy Run

What I am doing up at this time of day. Lots to do this afternoon and tonight, so a morning run it had to be. It is now just after 7:00am and my run is completed and I am putting in my blog entry. The day feels like it should be over already.

Light drizzle for most of the run this morning, again making for perfect conditions for this time of year. A bit rusty starting out but slowily worked into it and just seemed to get stronger as the run went on. First lap in 32:53 (HR 141) and second in 32:02 (HR 152).

Next run is the BRRC 5k champs on Sunday morning. It should be fun going and running flat out for a change. As is the case when in the conditioning phase of a build up and having done no speed work for five months, I have no idea what I will be capable of doing. 21:20 is a figure that is on my mind (for lots of other reasons) and would be nice to do that or better on Sunday.

1 Comments:

  • At Fri Nov 25, 12:22:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Ha ha, you non-morning people make me laugh! We've been known to start some of our long runs at 4.30am, beautiful time of day in summer.

    See you Sunday at BRRC. I'm still undecided as to whether I'll do the 5k (flat out = pain) or the 15k (easier pace = less pain).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home