Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

To the Docs

Picked up the car this morning, so I am mobile again.

First task was to go to the doctors and get a repeat for my headache medication as I had taken the last tablet this morning. He checked over my skin and I have five skin cancers, three on the back and two on my right arm. As well I have a lipoma on my upper right arm which is rapidly growing in size. So it is a referral to a surgeon to hopefully have them all removed under GA in the one go. This would mean the least disruption to training which is got to be the main aim. There is no worries with any of them as they are all benign forms of cancers.

But it is a timely reminder to myself and others to protect yourself from the sun whenever possible.

1 Comments:

  • At Wed Nov 09, 08:05:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Yep, those skin cancers can be inconvenient little buggers - I hate the way they disrupt training!

    I get checked by a skin doctor yearly and if I need to return for some chopping schedule it for after a big race or at least do a really long run just before. Oh, and I never ask him when it will be okay to run again, in case he tells me something I don't want to hear :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home