Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, November 04, 2005

TGIF Home No5

13.6k 1:15:12. HR Avg 135 Max 151 Avg Pace 5:31
Course: Work to Home.
Start Time: 4:45 pm Temp 20C.
Session Type: Sub 72%MxHR Easy Run

I've got through the week. Five straight runs home from work. Given that I also ran last Sunday, that makes 81k in the last six days. After Tuesdays run, I thought it was going to be a struggle but from that point I have felt better each day. Almost a minute and half quicker today. That could be just down to it being a bit cooler. There was nice light drizzle for much of the run. But I do feel I was getting stronger as the week went on.

If I was really crazy, I could go out on Sunday and do 32k and make it 100k for the week. But no, best left for another time, although it is my short term goal at the moment to get upto that level.

Nice to sit down in front of the TV after the run and wath the Qld Roar beat Melbourne for a valuable away win. If only they could do it at home.

2 Comments:

  • At Sat Nov 05, 11:28:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Ooooh, a 100k week - very tempting. Maybe you could split the 32k over a morning and an evening run.

    I'm hoping to get to that stage myself in the lead up to Dusk to Dawn and Canberra. I figure the only way I can do it if I still factor in a rest day is doubling up at least one day a week. Ah, wish it was as 'easy' as it sounds.

     
  • At Sat Nov 05, 05:46:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Nice going for the week...almost 100km! And add on all the time you've spent this week helping me with the Polar Software!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home