Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, October 31, 2005

Welcome to the Working Week No 1

13.6k 1:06:45. HR Avg 147 Max 160 Avg Pace 4:54
Course: Work to Home.
Start Time: 5:20pm Temp 23C.
Session Type: Sub 82% Max Heart Rate Run

Things started badly this morning when I crashed into the car in front of me at a set of lights on the way to work. Luckily I was only going slowly and no one was injured but still a fair bit of damage to the front of my car as well as the front door not shutting.

Took the car to the Insurance assesment center and looks like I will be without it for a week. So some hasty revision of plans and I ran home from work. Looks like I will have to do this all week. Today's run was going to be a sub-lactate run (155 HR) but even though I thought I was running at a good pace I only averaged 147. I will take this as a sign of improvement.

Another positive today was that I have sent my music player back to the company I bought it from through ebay. It took a week to get this sorted out as I was bounced back and forth between the manufacturer and the retailer. Can't wait to get that back and be wired for sound again.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home