Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Take Me to The River

14.8k 1:19:34. HR Avg 139 Max 151 Avg Pace 5:24
Course: Work to Riverside and Back.
Start Time: 5:10 pm Temp 24C.
Session Type: Sub 72%MxHR Easy Run

Seems ages since I have done this course. My legs were feeling heavy today which is strange considering I had a rest day yesterday. Maybe it is because I finished the two week course of NSAIDs last night and was for the first time experiencing the tiredness from my large training effort last week?

They were fine though once I got started. Out in 38:14 (HR 139) and back in 41:19 (HR 140). It was a bit warmer tonight, so it was somewhat of a suprise to run into the middle of the pack of the "Cool Night Classic" event on the City reach of the river. I was going slowily so most people were puffing hard as they passed me. But when I turned and was running against the flow it was quite a squeeze on the narrow sections of the path given the normal walkers and cyclists were there as well. Anyway they seemed to have a good turn out of entrants.

2 Comments:

  • At Thu Nov 10, 10:01:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    I was one of those poeple puffing hard yesterday afternoon!

    There was a great turnout at the CNC, around 4000 I think they said. It sure did get crowded on those pathways. I felt a bit sorry for people out on their afternoon walk or run.

    You'll have to go with the flow and join in next year.

     
  • At Fri Nov 11, 06:03:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    A bit hard to mark an easy run but I'll give you 8/10 ;)

    I need to be tough on CB occasionally - can't keep giving her 9s. I'm saving 10s for performance for when Australian records are broken.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home