Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, November 11, 2005

Friday Long Run

28.4k 2:40:11. HR Avg 134 Max 158 Avg Pace 5:38
Course: Work to Home.
Start Time: 4:15pm Temp 26C.
Session Type: Long Run

It was quite a bit hotter than it has been when I started out this afternoon but not too humid. The plan was to run to Riverside and back and then run home. The other car was playing up, so My Wife needed my car for the day. Did the out and back to Riverside in 1:21:17 (H139) and then stopped and had a Gu ( Double Expresso), a drink and a toilet break. It was then head for home. Quite noticeable had much less windier it is away from the river. It was now past 5:30pm and thankfully it had cooled down a fair bit. I did the home leg in 1:18:50 (142). Although, I wasn't in too bad a shape at the end, I certainly need to a lot more runs like this if I am going to be a my best next July at Gold Coast.

The Gu was a test for Kurrawa next month and as well I wore a cap for the first time whilst running. Can't say I liked it as it is not as cool as without one but if I was going to be running at Kurrawa I will definitly need one to keep the sun off me. I used to wear a beanie in winter in London. It was one My Wife knitted and it had a pattern in it that said "Miles Miles More Miles". Still got it in the drawer but not much call for it in Brisbane.

Now there is the nervous wait till the big match , The Date With Destiny on Sunday morning - Australia v Uraguay.

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Nov 12, 04:03:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Yay, glad to hear you've got Kurrawa pencilled it! Maybe you need a CR cap - they're pretty cool :-)

    Enjoy the match tomorrow morn.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home