Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sunday Long Run

25.8k 2:24:13. HR Avg 142 Max 155
Course: On cycle path to Newmarket and back.
Start Time: 8:00 am Temp 15C.
Session Type: Long Slow Run

By the time I started my run at 8:00am, the sun was out, the breeze had dropped from yesterday and it had started to warm up. Perfect running conditions. Just tried to keep it nice and easy the whole way which I mostly managed. The 135 HR I'm aiming for is still quite slow and when I'm not running with others I find the pace creeping up a little. My legs felt really good through out the run and considering there are a few hilly sections, I am more than satisfied with the 142 avg HR and 5:25 pace. Once again my new music player was a joy. Why haven't I done this earlier?

This gave me 64k for the week which is just below the 65k I'm aiming for each week this month.

1 Comments:

  • At Sun Aug 14, 08:23:00 pm AEST, Blogger Rob said…

    You are certainly clocking up the k's Robert Song. I AM very lazy compared with committment to training. Good on you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home