Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Wednesday Riverside Run

14.8k 1:18:46. HR Avg 136 Max 151
Course: Work to Riverside Centre and Back.
Start Time: 4:50 pm Temp 18C.
Session Type: Conditioning Easy Run

Five of us started out today. The bridge to Brisbane has got my co-workers motivated which is good to see. J&C turned back at 5k and Gary at 6k leaving Katie and I to do the full 15k course. This is the second time Katie has been out and again she has done well. She is currently a good beach voleyballer but wants to be great at something and fancies being an Olympic marathoner. Bless her youthful optimism.

Out in 40:09 (avg Hr 129) and back in 38:37 (avg HR 143 pace 5:12). This is much better than Monday nights run where I came back in 39:46 at same avg HR.

Picked up my Bridge to Brisbane Race Kit today. I am part of work team. The guys are expecting me to put in a big run, but I'm still tossing up whether to do my normal Friday Night Long Run and just enjoy the atmosphere on Sunday or be a little fresher Sunday and more capable of running upto potential. Leaning towards the former at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home