Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Where the Shadows Run From Themselves

14.8k 1:17:40. HR Avg 136 Max 149
Course: Work to Riverside Centre and Back.
Start Time: 5:00 pm Temp 16C.
Session Type: Easy Run

Tonight was the first time I have run with my new music player. When I started back walking a few years ago, I used a player all the time but have never used one when running. My old player was a bit bigger than the small ones you can get now. I picked up a Creative Muvi 256 Mb player for $86 on Ebay. Loaded it up with a random selection of songs that just happened to be on my home computer. Don't know why I haven't done this earlier as it was wonderful. Started out to the Jean Genie by Bowie and finished with White Room by Cream. At this stage I could never see me using it in a race or even for more uptempo runs but for easy and lsd runs it will be fabulous. May even be able to clear the backlog of new CDs, I have not listened to yet.

Nice easy run, out in 38:09 (Avg HR 136) and back in 39:31 (avgHR 136) for and avg pace of 5:14.

3 Comments:

  • At Thu Aug 11, 10:16:00 pm AEST, Blogger TA and the Gnome said…

    Robert, you're showing your (our) age! Jean Genie & White Room. Cool :-) It's really nice when you're running by yourself, but be warned - an up tempo song can really push you out of your easy rhythmn.

    sfG

     
  • At Fri Aug 12, 07:06:00 pm AEST, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think it's showing my age, Robert.... I don't recognize either song! An excellent way of getting through all those unplayed CDs .....let the music fit the run! I used always listen to music when out running, but most times now it's just at the gym; I need to have my mind on what I'm doing these days!!

     
  • At Fri Aug 12, 08:41:00 pm AEST, Blogger CJ said…

    I use only uptempo music on my ipod - nothing slow and easy for me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home