Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, July 29, 2005

Friday Long Run

24.7k 2:10:34. HR Avg 138 Max 161
Course: Work to Riverside and then Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 4:10 pm Temp 20C.
Session Type: Long Run

John and I were sick of work so got away a little earlier for the long run tonight. For the middle of winter the weather has been very mild and tonight was no exception. The first 15k was to Riverside centre and back in 1:18:12 at avg 136 HR. I had to stop for a loo break in New Farm Park on the way back, and John went on as he looking to get under 80 minutes for his run. I had to chase hard at 4:30 pace for a couple of Ks to catch up with him.

I then turned around and did the 10k to Sydney St and back by myself. Managed this in 52:22 at avg 141 HR and 5:21 pace. Legs felt a bit weary at the end but it has been my first real Long Run since GC Half and I'm pretty satisified.

One good thing about doing my Long Run on a Friday night is , when I get home I have the perfect excuse for sitting down on the couch and watching the footy on TV. First at 8:30 with the NRL match on CH9 and then from around 9:40 the AFL match on Fox and with skillfull channel surfing both can be watched.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home