Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, April 21, 2005

With Delta Again

3.1k 25:00. HR Avg 105 Max 139
Course: Home around the Block.
Start Time: 5:10 pm Temp 31C.
Session Type: Recovery Run.

With Delta. The first time I've been out with her for a while. In my absence she has been training with My Wife and mostly doing sets of Hill repeats up our street. But she has not shown as keen an interest in training as earlier. My wife though is getting a lot fitter.

Tonight we did a fartlek style run, with four short hard bursts of around 300m at around 4m/k pace.

Her race is now less than two weeks away. Her goal of getting in the top three will be difficult but she may be able to pull out a big performance on the day. Interestingly, she asked whether we were going in the Bridge to Brisbane race (12k) this year. I asked her did she want to, and she said yes. If only we can My Wife to also commit to it. (Reminder: Must update My Complete Running History with the details of me and my wife at the start of The Golden Age.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home