Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Monday, April 25, 2005

Delta Time Trial

Almost a rest day. Legs feel a little stiff after yesterday's run.

This afternoon, Kewell and I took Delta up to the High School track to do an 800m Time trial. This is the third she has done, the others being 4m20sec and 4m17sec two weeks ago. With her race now only 8 days away, she put in quite an effort this week in her training sessions.

I wasn't going to pace her today but couldn't resist once we got there. She put in a huge effort and did 3m 44sec. A big 33 second PB. She recovered pretty quickly and ten minutes later was chasing after the soccer ball when Kewell and I were having a penalty shoot out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home