Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Jack High, Low brow

Wednesday
9.5k 43:25. HR Avg 146 Max 157 Avg Pace 4:34
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 5:05 pm Temp 15C.
Session Type: Marathon Pace Run

Now before you get too excited, I only tried to go out an run at my target marathon pace. I was aiming for around 4:40 but was well under. Still I managed to keep the Heart Rate at around 78% Max at 4:34 pace which is a good sign.

Only a few simple decisions left. Apart from target pace, the main one is to run with music or not? In races I normally don't but am seriously contemplating it this time.

One more short 6k run planned for Friday to keep the legs ticking over.

Managing to avoid the sickness all around me at work and home. Ducky my eldest has had a bad run for the last two weeks and today after blood tests was finally diagnosed with glandular fever. Her biggest problem now though is an allergic rash she developed to the antibiotics she was initially proscribed. She has been covered all over ( and I mean all over) with this irritating rash now since last Saturday.

Delta and Kewell had their final training runs today also. The competition is heating up. Most think, Delta will win easily but I'm not underestimating the boy. He wants revenge after she inflicted a nasty carpet burn on his forehead yesterday when they were settling an argument over the rules of lawn bowls.

5 Comments:

  • At Fri June 29, 05:27:00 am AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    That explains it .... mum and dad bowl and I could never understand why they said "let's sort it out on the carpet"

    Great form leading up to Sunday .... good luck

     
  • At Fri June 29, 08:54:00 am AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    You don't have to have the music on all the time. I've done that. Get a few funny looks when people run up beside me and ask what I'm listening to and I say ".... errrr .... nothing".

    Good luck on Sunday. And good luck to Delta and Kewell. I still haven't decided who to put my $2 on.

     
  • At Fri June 29, 11:16:00 am AEST, Blogger Stephen Lacey said…

    Good luck on Sunday Robertson, G.

    Whether you have the music in or not, I hope it is an easy skankin' kind of race. I predict if the weather is good, and you want it bad enough, you can run 3:15 or better. And enjoy it.

    Ganbatte kudasai!

     
  • At Fri June 29, 07:02:00 pm AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    do you give them lycra wrestling outfits?

     
  • At Fri June 29, 09:19:00 pm AEST, Blogger Samurai Running said…

    Have a great race Robert Song. Run tough!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home