Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Counting down

9.5k 42:37. HR Avg 154 Max 168 Avg Pace 4:29
Course: Waterworks Road.
Start Time: 6:25 pm Temp 14C.
Session Type: Tempo Run

After soccer training tonight, I really felt like going for a run. Firstly, it was cold. There was a cutting westerly wind which had lefy my hands frozen during training. Secondly the lads were all over the shop tonight and seemed more intent on mucking around then doing proper training, so I wanted to release my frustration on a run.

Tonight I thought my hilly course along Waterworks Road would be a good quality session. Push it up the hills and cruise the rest. Ended up with my best time on this course since the October 1994 without actually pushing it too much. Still a long way from my PB of 37:41 (1/3/1992) though.

The biggest battle is still the sickness in the family. Ducky was back at the doctor's today and My Wife is also not the best.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home