Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Friday, June 01, 2007

Punch The Clock

Thursday
9.5k 46:46. HR Avg 141 Max 148 Avg Pace 4:55
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 5:45 pm Temp 20C.
Session Type: Easy Run

Friday
14.5k 1:11:26. HR Avg 144 Max 154 Avg Pace 4:56
Course: Work to Riverside and Back.
Start Time: 5:35 pm Temp 20C.
Session Type: Easy Run

Another couple of runs over the last two days where I have just upped the pace a little. Sadly I think this is about the level of my Lactate Threshold at the moment (4:55 pace) but I believe that I could get that down by 10 seconds over the next four weeks. I am not prepared to push it any harder though as I really want to get to the start line in one piece for GCM.

Thanks to all the budding accountants in Blogland, I have entered the Half Marathon for Sunday. It was never really a money issue, and it was more Tesso's comment about supporting Phil & Di and the event that really made up my mind. It will also be good to catch up with everyone as well. Now who exactly do I have to punch in the guts and who should I be looking out for to avoid?

The plan is to put in 80 minutes before the race starts and do the Half in around 1:50. So it will be an early morning Sunday.

6 Comments:

  • At Fri June 01, 11:39:00 pm AEST, Blogger Stephen Lacey said…

    Oh!! Pick me, pick me! I definitely want you to give Tesso a punch int he guts. For no particular reason, but hey, who needs one. On the other hand,I'd be watching out for Clairie. She has a mean left I am led to believe. And it would not be right to retaliate. Well, at least not for another few months.

    Your training is looking good. Just keep at it. Steady as she goes. I'm sure you are right not to push the pace too much. Good luck on Sunday.

     
  • At Sat June 02, 03:04:00 pm AEST, Blogger Toasty said…

    it will be good to catch up ... enjoy your run

     
  • At Sat June 02, 04:00:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    With all the core strengthening work I've been doing of late you could well risk injury by punching me in the guts.

    I'm planning a not as early start, I only want to put in about 30 mins before kickoff. Pity about this great sleeping in weather.

     
  • At Sat June 02, 04:13:00 pm AEST, Blogger Eagle said…

    Keep up the solid training for the GC - best to get there in any shape than not at all. I would love to put my monthly k's up like you but I have no idea how to do it.

    Any tips.

    By the way Tuesday was 65 and it was pleasant - it did however take me a day to recover well !!!!!

     
  • At Sat June 02, 08:39:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Punch speedygeoff in the guts. He'll be in a CR cap (to hide his white hair) ;) You'll have to get him on the start line, as he'll run 1:27ish.

     
  • At Sun June 03, 03:35:00 pm AEST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    toasty said you were there. i wish i had gone instead of sleeping in (but i needed that). i hope you'll be around at the GC as cheer freak or runner. i'll be in the freak category.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home