Robert Song's Running

I'm over 50 and been running off and on since 1968. I have run everything from 800m to 10k on the track, to half marathons (PB 1:21 Brisbane 1993) and marathons (PB 2:53 Gold Coast 1985).

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Back into the groove

Monday
9.5k 45:03. HR Avg 146 Max 157 Avg Pace 4:44
Course: Work to Sydney St and Back.
Start Time: 5:05 pm Temp 19C.
Session Type: Lactate Threshold Run

Tuesday
9.5k 47:04. HR Avg 142 Max 156 Avg Pace 4:57
Course: Waterworks Rd.
Start Time: 6:35 pm Temp 20C.
Session Type: Easy Hilly Run

After only doing 25k on Sunday, I felt recovered enough on Monday night to do a put a little more effort in. A reasonable reult given I haven't tried this level of effort for six weeks.

Tonight, at football training I made sure I didn't get involved in any running around. So I was able to set out afterwards for a run along Waterworks Road up to Ashgrove and back. Took it easy but its a hilly course and even cruising it gives you a good workout.

Thanks to all the comments about last weeks training. I guess it was just a case of over-training. I don't know if I have had more sleep than normal since then but I feel fine now and the last sessions have given predictable results. I don't really know how to make my diet any better. This is one area that I am very meticullious about.

4 Comments:

  • At Wed May 30, 08:12:00 am AEST, Blogger Peterhorse said…

    Yep, benefitting from last week's higher volume it seems. Form expereince, travel doesn't help and makes you more tired, but after rest, you come back really strong. good stuff. (avoiding the kicking still?)

     
  • At Wed May 30, 03:06:00 pm AEST, Blogger Tesso said…

    Good to hear you are feeling normal again.

    Will you be doing anything at Doomben on Sunday? I'm still undecided.

     
  • At Wed May 30, 08:37:00 pm AEST, Blogger Ewen said…

    Glad things seem back to normal Robert.

    Tesso, you have to go to Doomben to give Speedygeoff a punch in the guts!

    Scott, Strewth and Don Juan have offered me lessons in 'fashion'. They both recommended offloading my 70s jumpers to a needy person like Robert Song.

     
  • At Thu May 31, 10:48:00 am AEST, Blogger speedygeoff said…

    Perhaps an old crocs' two hour jog is in order. For all of us.
    What's this about a punch? I picture myself sitting in the gutter in agony as the gun fires and everyone else runs off. I am not sure what this is all about or who's got it in for me. I'm sure it's hilarious, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home